Monday, November 17, 2008

Deep Space Nine: Quark

























This Quark costume was seen in two episodes of Deep Space Nine: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...' and 'The Jem'Hadar'. In 'Let He Who Without Sin...', several members from DS9 travel to Risa for some shore leave. However, a group called the 'New Essentialists' have different ideas about Risan society.


In 'The Jem'Hadar', Sisko and Quark are captured by Jem'Hadar soldiers while studying a planet in the gamma quadrant. Early in the episode, Quark's right arm is ignited by the campfire.


Two of these Ferengi costumes were made, a hero and a stunt, and at one time I owned both.  I currently own the undamaged hero version with all components tagged 'Armin'.  I got 5 extra shirts with mine, some with burned sleeves .

I wore the stunt costume to the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention 2008. I was suprised that it went over well enough for a friend and I to be pictured in the print version of Las Vegas Weekly the next week.